Tuesday 5 November 2013

Planning a Music Magazine

Planning a Music Magazine
Firstly I’d like to point out that my magazine is aimed towards the teenagers. This is due to the fact that they are the new talent coming in and out, I wish to give them an opportunity to actually plan their life out from this magazine as jobs and other such places will be offered so that young people can find job offers. Music is one of the only ways we can communicate with the teenagers today, so the magazine will be a way of trying to communicate with them and make them feel at home. I initially was going to make my magazine an indie pop magazine, but I have changed to just pop as it is a much more common music choice and is also mostly heard by the teenagers today, I may actually include rap due to the mass amounts of new musical talent trying to get into the business of rap. The magazine I’m going to create will have a fortnightly appearance, every couple weeks gives the magazine a chance to inhabit new stories and gives the audience time to recuperate and get some money, due to the magazine being made for teenagers from the ages of 14-21 we know that they will be mostly busy with education, work or even hobbies so a fortnightly magazine gives them the advantage to check out the newest magazine and continue to get it.
As my magazine is only for teenagers and that their income is very low I will place the magazine at the price of around £2.00 this is due to it being a small and efficient amount so that the teenagers can pay for it. I wish to create my magazine to be in a more of a glossy way, this is because I think it will appeal to more teenagers due to it being in a more informal way, a magazine which is glossy will also appeal due to the fact that it looks more appealing.

Questions for my Focus Group
  1. Do you believe the idea of offering jobs in a music magazine is fairly good for young teenagers?
  2. Is the Price of the magazine efficiently at its best?
  3. Do you believe young people would take enjoyment in buying my magazine?
  4. I’m going to create a webpage for my magazine; do you believe this will help the company?
  5. Finally I’d like to point out that my magazine is being created in more of a glossy way, do you think it should be that 

No comments:

Post a Comment